Exodus Archives

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miserable Mommy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
September_Rains

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Miserable Mommy Reply with quote

Dear Advice Lady,

I need help on getting my children to clean their rooms. I have locked them in the outhouse for days on end with no food or water, screamed until I am blue in the face, locked them in the bedroom (to only have them scribble all over the walls in charcoal), taken away privledges (such as toys and games), and beaten them sound, all to no avail. Nothing phases them, and still there is a mess on the floor. I have better things to do then constantly clean up after them. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Miserable Mommy
Elle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Letter in response Reply with quote

Dear Miserable Mommy,

This is a tough one for sure. Kids definitely have a mind of their own, I can tell ya that... Hmmm... not really sure what to tell ya, so let me just go through the things you've tried:

locked in the outhouse for days
screamed at them til you were blue in the face
locked them in bedroom-which gave you more of a mess to clean
taken away toys and games
beaten them

Huh... well, I couldn't help but notice that asking and compromising weren't on that list... Now whether ya haven't tried that part yet, or ya just didn't think it was worth mentioning, I don't know. If ya haven't tried that part... do it. Kids definitely have a mind of their own, which I mentioned earlier, so if ya try talking to them like ya would anyone else, they might respond better to that. They're not stupid... they're just young. Like little people. Treat them like that, giving them all the respect that ya would anyone else, and ya might see some improvements. Besides... it seems like all the other things you've tried have actually ended up causing ya more grief... notice ya were the one blue in the face... and ya then had to clean up the charcoal... not to mention the fact that if ya were beating them as soundly as ya said ya were, ya must've broken one hell of a sweat...

If they don't respond to talking... hey, I tried! If ya ever find out exactly how to get yer kids to do what ya tell them without a HUGE fight... write back and let me know! I could definitely benefit from that information too!

Elle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advice Column In Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: