Exodus Archives

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Day In The Life

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rayven-McBeth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: A Day In The Life Reply with quote

As a gust of wind blew another wisp of blonde hair across my vision, I cursed it. Now and then I feel like just taking a dagger to my hair and cutting it all to shreds. But then I would look even less like my mother. Then, perhaps, my father would love me even less. Sometimes I think he only loves me as much as he does because I look just like her.

But that's beside the fact. He should be dead. He's lived a full enough life, seen enough things, suffered enough hardships. Surely there's nothing left for the mortal realm to offer him. Let him die and move on to the afterlife. That's what Gamori should have done. But instead he gave him a second chance. But let's not let anyone get fooled. This is far beyond my father's second chance. I'd wager it's more like his seventh chance.

I saw him walking my direction down the path towards the tavern. He was alone, just him and a black staff with a dragon's head on the top of it. Typical Jim McBeth. Before allowing him a chance to spot me first, I sprang off towards him in a dead sprint. My face crashed into his chest and I beat my fists against him.

"YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!"

I screamed. At the top of my lungs. Over and over until my voice gave out to the strain of torn vocal chords.

He didn't say anything. For a long moment, he just stood there, looking down at me. As I cried on his chest, all he had to offer me was a hug. I shrugged out of the embrace and did the only thing I knew well how to do. I ran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Storylines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: