Exodus Archives
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just to live

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: just to live Reply with quote

greetings D & N,

I write to ye today in hopes for a bit of advice....I shall not mention my name or any names of others, but I recently had to leave a bad group of people in a creative way of faking my death.....hencing leaving the ones I love out of the danger it was causing had I stayed living...but I have missed them too much, and have returned to their sides under a new guise...but rumors have started that I live again, and that will cause danger for them once again....what should I do?

David Keystone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Heh, you want to know what I saw today?"

"I don't know, do I Nevaul?"

"Aiyanna had............ shall we say, a wardrobe malfunction. It popped right out. And I thought meetings updating her on troop status would be boring."

"Ahem. Anyways, we shall get on to our next letter which involves an anonymous writer giving a quite a problematic situation for us to give advice on. Now, in many cases, most would see this as a lose/lose situation. But we shall endeavor to give the best advice we can. Nevaul, as always, shall start us out."

"Like the political stain on the blouse, deny, deny, deny. If you really wish to stay with your family under this guise, then you have to emphatically deny who you once were. Even to the point that you would be insulting your former self and almost believing it yourself, and have your family do the same. In the end though, the rouse will only go as far as the effort you have put into it."

"If rumors are already starting to circulate, it may also be prudent to begin taking precautions to once again see that your family is protected as well. Whether this be seeking outside sources of help through certain factions, or setting up unknown safe havens for you to hide them in case you are found out, this is your decision. It may also be prudent to seek out the source of these rumors as well, and if possible, kill the weeds at their roots. In the end, the danger will not fully be gone until the source that presents it is removed."

"Meaning if the deny route doesn't work, you may have to go on an old fashioned seek and destroy mission."

"Or barring any sort of negotiation to make amends in the event you are found out. However, as I said, your family should come first and securing their safety whether by hiding them away or hiring them some protection until the situation is resolved should be your top priority. In fact, you may wish to begin taking steps towards such right now if you haven't. As well, discuss these possibilities with your family, so they know what they may be facing as faking your death will likely not work a second time. Simply disappearing will likely rouse more suspicion and as such, they will likely be targeted first to draw you out."

"Frankly, if anyone came after the ones I cared for, I would shimmy up their throat, punch a hole through the roof of their mouth and yank their friggen brains out through their mouths!"

"How colorful. In any event writer, this is the best course of advice we can give without going into any serious detail which may tip off other readers whom may make a connection. Overall, the best advice is the motto by which any survivor man or woman lives by: Hope for the best, but be prepared for he worst."

"Boy did that motto come in handy when I was training under Gin. So...... shall I go into specific.......... ahem........ dimensions with Aiyanna's................. features?"

"That's all the time we have for this letter readers. Be sure to keep sending in those letters and we'll keep answering them to the best of our abilities. Until then."

"Come on you know you want to hear it."

"Not right now I don't........ I mean, no! That's so sexist Nevaul!"

"You damn skippy!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advice Column In Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: