Exodus Archives

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My List--Science Fiction/Fantasy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Recommended Book Reading List and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syr'Chasym

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: My List--Science Fiction/Fantasy Reply with quote

My favorite author is Ian Irvine. He is a bit hard to come by in the United States, but well worth it. I personally preferred his "View From the Mirror" series, but "Well of Echoes" was also good. Even in his eco-thrillers he is a very engaging author, though I prefer fantasy and so haven't read them all the way through.

Another book I found was awesome was P.C. Hodgell's "God Stalk" about Jame. The next books in the series were not quite as good (in my opinion), but were worth it to follow Jame (so far).

--Just a Note from Syr/Song or Whatever-You-Know-Me-As--
IceSC

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Interesting Choice Reply with quote

Will check the author out.

Unfortunately my favorite author died this year Sidney Sheldon. Time to time we used to bring in authors to meet with our players. I'd like to do it again, with the help of Lindsy.

We met this author Andrew Fox in live chat and were able to ask him questions. He took the Vampire idea off the norm of what you'd expect and I devoured both his books they were so good.

Then Katrina hit and he lived in the heart of New Orleans. I know he survived the initial storm, but lost total contact with him. A great author, and I am hoping to read more of his books.

Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Recommended Book Reading List and Opinions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: