Exodus Archives

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O hi...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rayven-McBeth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: O hi... Reply with quote

I happened to poke my nose in here and saw there's at least a couple other people that look in here every now and then, so figured I'd say something Smile

So um, a LOT has happened since I last checked in. I saw that my last post I was still living in California, near the end of my training there which puts us somewhere in 2011???

Well, nine years changes a lot of things, more for some of us than others. As I stated in that post, after my training in Cali wrapped up, I went to Hawaii for about 4 years. At the end of that time, I was done with my time in the Air Force and returned to Pennsylvania, where I stayed for about 3 months until my life basically fell apart?

You may notice I'm posting from my Rayven account, not the ol' Lord Jim account. Shortly before I got out of the Air Force, I started to question my gender, and in March of 2016 I came out as transgender. Because I'm the creative type, my legal name is now Rayven. My ex wife didn't take any of this very well, and before I even fully came out, kicked me out, so I've also moved across the country and am living in Portland now. I've met a great girl out here and we're engaged now. I still have contact with my daughter, who is 9 years old now and is kicking ass in school.

Anyways, that's the short version of the update on me, if anyone wants to talk more, feel free to reach out and we'll find an easier place to talk than forums Smile

I hope everyone who sees this message is doing well and having a great life. I think about all of the friends I made here all the time and wonder where they're all at now. I know some will never see this post and I'll likely never hear from them again, and that makes me sad. Other than these forums, I've lost contact with everyone from here with the exception of Quinton McBeth and his IRL twin brother (who I finally got to meet IRL when I moved out here, and then got to go to Phil's wedding (I forget his old character's name! LOL) as well!).

I don't have much more to say here, but I'll be checking back to see if anyone sees this message and responds. I hope to hear from some of y'all Smile

~Rayven
TanisHalfelven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey McBeth! Nice to see a reply here, I usually check once a week or so since it seems ole blis likes to pop in and post once in awhile. Seems like you went through a lot, and I hope you are doing ok with everything at this point, which it seems you are.

I think Redblaster was the name I remember of who used to run with Quiditch (his old name). If you remember peoples names, and you have a facebook account, you can probably try there. It is where I keep up with old faces, though admittedly, I mostly talk to only a handful like Ziveron, Allegro and Hiei.

For myself, I actually moved to Central Illinois with my dad in April of 2018. It is where he is originally from, and where most of his family is. My mom passed of cancer after 3 years in Feb of 2015 so I had no other family in Florida and when he asked me to come with him, provided me an opportunity to change scenery since I was getting burned out at the pizza place. I ran the place for near four years, and the stress and long hours was getting to me. I now work in a hospital cafeteria making decent enough money with benefits and stable hours and have been pretty much at peace.

Anyways, good to see you are at least doing good at this point and sorry about your rough patch!
Rayven-McBeth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya! Yea, I've tried looking people up on FB, but to little avail. Like I said, I'm still friends w/ Josh (Qui) and Phil (his twin). Maya stopped responding to me any time I tried to reach out and say hi some years ago, dunno what that's all about. I unfortunately don't know too many other peoples' IRL names to look them up. Even so, someone like Barb has a common enough name I wouldn't be sure I'm looking up the right person Smile
TanisHalfelven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Maya moved on from contact from people from this game years ago. I left the game back at the end of 2009, but talked to her here and there on PSN for awhile, then after a couple of years, I realized she wasnt on my list anymore. I sent you a PM on this with my facebook info, but dont know if it will work. I remember Barb disabled them at one point back when game was still open because of harassment.
TanisHalfelven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messaged Barb to check the forum, I do keep in touch with her. Had not heard back from her all day, must be busy in post holiday writing haha
IceSC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: WOW Tanis was right! Reply with quote

What a surprise and it is nice hearing from you. With all you meet in life it is most important to be happy, but when you have to battle and spend money ...it is not worth the stress.

I still miss players that were fun and kind to me, not to have to spend all my time, and money to keep stress free, and enjoy life I just want to enjoy life and -Write-!

Published Work:

1.Children's Book Zoop to the Zoo by Allie Lafunay'. My mother was an artist, so I wanted to use her name as one of my pen names in her memory.

2. Skyflare it Came to Be:Written by B. A. Williams
They are for sale most anywhere. I am working on one murder mystery and a fantasy novel.

I wold love to keep track of old friends. You both made me smile!

I also freelance my work, Hubpages, UK, and other places.

Thanks,
IceSC

Keep in touch!
Rayven-McBeth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm easy to find on Facebook and that's the easiest way to get in contact with me these days, my name on there is Rayven Quinn Gearhard, so if you send me a friend request I'll accept it so long as I know it's you Smile

I was talking w/ Tanis on there the other night, I still do a bit of RP on IRC, still using a version of the Rayven character that's an adult now, have kept most of her storyline other than she's a half-elf now instead of a shapeshifter as she was here. It's my own little way of keeping the memory of Exodus alive Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Say Hello to Friends OOC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: