Exodus Archives
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

to use the things you hate

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: to use the things you hate Reply with quote

To the two that is taking over the postion of advice giver,

I am known to hate the idea of magic even despise the idea of its existnce. Although the Sovergin herself, her son and majorty my comrades in arms if you can call people I only align myself with as comrades only any personal realtions such as friendship is praticly none existent due to what I am, not that it bothers me my only care is my duietys as a soilder and carrying on the legacy of my race creator.

Should a warrior that trains his mind and body without religh on magic or should I use the magic that most use enhance thier combat skills to continue my domnaice in the battel enviorment?

Son of the great beast Sudane.
Nevaul Kincade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We have returned ladies and gentlemen, and this time, we are bringing in, as they would say, the 'big weapons'. That's right we have a special guest advice giver this week."

"Yeah, and only one of us is very excited about it. Ow! Don't friggen hit me on my own damn advice column!"

"I'll hit you whenever I want boy! You're still my student after all, and I decide when discipline should be implemented, not you. One more for good measure to let it sink in."

"OW! You just friggen busted my lip open............... I'm bleeding all over the parchments."

"Good. It'll leave a more lasting reminder."

"For those of you who haven't guessed yet, let me give a little introduction. Many may not know him, indeed many may not have even heard of him until the recent tournament started up. This is due to his own little string pulling from behind the scenes. I won't go into great detail in what he did before he dropped off the face of the lands, but suffice to say, he was pretty good at his job. He's large, he's burly, he's very blunt to the point of insulting, yet at the same time, he's charming enough to have nearing started a war of himself alone against a small noble village by sleeping with not only the village heads wife, but his daughter and younger sister as well. All in the same night........."

"Those were the days. I should stop by there again sometime."

"Ahem. Here he is, back from the dead and living it up, so to speak, the enigmatic Grand Master Monk known only........ as Gin."

"Well thank you very much. How did you know about that village incident anyways?"

"Because that was the village you and Nevaul first met me. The village, was not very happy. What were you even there for anyways?"

"I don't recall really. I think we were there to buy sugar."

"THAT'S why you had me go back early?"

"You had training to do."

"Anyways, let us move on to our letter for today. A Sudan has written in to us today, asking advice on whether he should turn to magic or stay on the path he currently travels. Considering I am strictly a magic user, I would be too biased in answering this letter, so I shall turn this over to Nevaul and our special guest for today. We'll begin first with Nevaul's thoughts."

"This is a matter of pride, from what I can gather from the letter. In my opinion, a certain amount of pride is good. Pride in your skills, pride in who you are, what you stand for. There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of that, even if others may not agree. However, you shouldn't let pride blind you to the possibilities that certain magics may provide for you. I, myself, can't weave magic to rain down fire or spike someone through the gut with a sliver of ice formed from nothing. However, certain mystical items can help provide me increased protection from such spells. Depending on what you want, it can also increase my speed, make me hit harder or more accurately. Overall, while I can't use magic and am still proud of the skill I currently have without it's use, I'm always open as well to something that can help me be even better, because, as my teacher once said: No matter how good you are, there's always someone better. A little magical help may even the playing field the day you meet that individual."

"A good take on it Nevaul. We'll not see what your teacher has to say. Gin?"

"Your skin is so soft, like layer of silk."

"Well, it appears that one of Gin's groupies from the Tournament made it in and we've now lost Gin's interest entirely. So, we'll end this letter with Nevaul's advice, which I think he covered it pretty well."

"Uh, time to go, they're already starting to peel off clothing."

"Don't worry readers, we'll replace all parchments in the office before sending out any further columns."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advice Column In Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: