Exodus Archives

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mage school or the tower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceSC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Mage school or the tower Reply with quote

Taur boy goes off to mage school and I keep tellin him he should go to de new towa. He thinks his teachas are de best. What can I do to convince him to go to the towa instead?

It's lot closa to me and I know dat's kind of selfish, but I miss him lots. Oh one more thing, what do you send to a kid dat likes de color orange, sides Oranges and Orange clothes?

SkyFlare
David Keystone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, hey, hey folks. We're back, and we got us some new letters. On top of which, we've made some Magical changes to the auto-writing quill. Now, when we want to it to stop writing, we have a password in which we say to make it do so. It's neat, all we need to do is say......."

"Nevaul, you shouldn't actually say the password, because then the quill -will- actually stop writing. You do understand this, don't you?"

"YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! I understand! I'd almost rather write with my hand, but my lazy streak keeps bringing me back to this quill."

"Anyways, we now move on to our next letter requesting advice. This letter comes from that energetic and mischievous little winged elf known as Sky Flare. She may like to play pranks, but she has a good heart all around. We'll start off with Nevaul's response."

"Okay. Tower, or school. Tower or School. Tower, School, Tower, School. Hrmm. That's a tough one kiddo. You do present us with a doozy. Though in this bit of work, I can't be biased. It sounds as if Taur enjoys the magic school, and as such, is enjoying his advancement there."

"Indeed, little one. While it's not entirely selfish out of you wanting to spend time with your friend, to try and convince him to go to the tower over the School could, in fact hinder his studies. He enjoys his teachers, and as such, will absorb what they teach him more easily. If there's any chance of him attending the tower over the school, I would merely suggest as a possible alternative that you ask him to possibly try out the tower if he hasn't yet, and see which one he might actually prefer, but if he chooses the school over the tower after, or adamantly prefers the school, you should respect his wishes and allow him to enjoy his studies where he may. Now, onto your second question. Nevaul?"

"What do you send a kid that likes the color orange, but is neither an orange or clothes. Hrmmmmmmmm............... Is it bigger than a breadbox Sky? Ow. Hey, why'd you hit me?"

"It's not a riddle Nevaul, she's asking for suggestions."

"Ooooooooooooh. Well, that would really depend on the kid's preferences. His likes, or dislikes. There are plenty of toys out there that are orange. Kicking balls or Frisbees immediately come to mind. If he likes animals, there are a variety of birds that are orange. Fishes as well. Depending on the lighting, the red and gold shades along a Phoenix's body can sometimes appear a darker orange in color. The Siberian, and Bangle, like Fortunado, tigers are orange as other colors."

"Indeed, if he is into plant life, whether through simple nature affinity, horological reasons, or an artistic standpoint, there are plenty of flowers, as you obviously know, and plant life out there that are the color orange as well. Paintings, whether abstract or a scenery of sorts, can also make a nice gift if he has an appreciation for such. As Nevaul said though, you're choice for a gift will mainly depend on the child's likes and dislikes. Consider his personality, and then base your decision for a gift based on that, and more often than not, you can't go wrong."

"And there you have it kiddo. This is the best advice we can think of at this juncture. Hopefully it will help you out some. In the end, remember, you'll still have both me and David to kick around."

"Indeed, though not in the literal sense of course. So, readers, that is all there is for this letter, be sure to keep sending them in to us and we'll get to them as soon as we can."

"Alrighty, let's get back to those Nymphs at the forest ponds. Hey........... the quills writing again."

"Nevaul, you forgot to say the password."

"Damn.................."
IceSC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: I know dat Reply with quote

She read the answer to her scroll and threw it down on the couch. No matter what kid or person she met no one would be as great as Taur boy, besides they had their private secrets.

She picked the scroll up again and answered it.

OK he stays in de mage school where he likes it, even doe de towa is closa to me.

BUT he has a gray cat and a phoenix which is orange like fire. He doesn't like girlie things like flowas, and he already has orange clothes.

I need more orange ideas please.
David Keystone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"......................................"

"......................................"

"You got anything yet?"

"Well, he has animals, doesn't like flowers, so those two are out."

"Well, there's still the paintings, and toys."

"There are also several potions and horological components that are the color orange as well."

"....................................."

"....................................."

"Oh, I got something!"

"What?"

"............................ Never mind."

"Well, how about this Sky, there are several gems and rare stones out there that are the color orange. In this aspect, you could fashion one of these gems into a shape or leave them as is, and have said stone fixed onto a ring, or necklace for him to wear."

"Oh, and then have an enchantment on it which will allow the two of you to communicate over the long distance either through mental communication like you already have, or through forms of illusion imagery which I'm sure your aunt may be very well capable of making. Though I suspect that you'd need a similar piece as well so you can communicate back, of course."

"Indeed, and through this gift, your dilemma of parted time from your friend may very well be alleviated by a good extent through such a practice. Very nice addition Nevaul, likely the first proactive response you've given thus far."

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?" Anyways Sky, there you have it. It'll be orange, it won't be girly, and will allow you to spend a little more time socially with your friend."

"If this suggestion is not to your liking Sky, we apologize, but without fully knowing as to what this Taur does like, we can not come up with a better idea at this juncture. Perhaps, with time, we may be able to suggest something better."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advice Column In Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: